Thursday, 29 November 2012

FSF: Joy



Dear Mr. X,
This is in response to your query dated 29th November 2012, in which you expressed your deep desire to meet one of our officers who goes by name of Joy.

It is with deep regret that we inform you that the above mentioned officer has been deemed lost by the department, following his disappearance a few fortnights ago.

This is not a behaviour unheard of, for Joy loves to go on long solitary walks to look for lost souls and more often than not, in the process, ends up getting lost himself.

Rest assured, your query would be taken seriously and if we don't find Joy soon enough than you most definitely will. 

Regards,
The Department of Happiness.

14 comments:

  1. Joy . . . so elusive.

    Well done.

    JzB

    P.S. WV is equjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!


      P.S. I don't get your P.S. ;p

      Delete
  2. Wow! Lost souls, and a department of happiness? A brave new world? An intriguing and enchanted take on the theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little story--I like the letter format.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting...I like it. I like the letter format, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that, such a different take!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the epistolary form. Have you read Screwtape Letters? Something like that but with Joy (letters to joy, like one member of the department of happiness helping Joy try to track down a lost soul) could be a fascinating read.

    On a critiquey note: You use the wrong "then" in sentence four.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. But I did read Dracula and its more less letters/diary entries soooo....
      Thanks for the 'critiquey' note. I'm gonna change it right away! :)

      Delete
  7. I would have made Joy a woman instead of a guy ("his disappearance"). But I'm biased that way... It was interesting. I could write a (longer) story along this line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I didn't give it much thought.
      Thanks! :)

      Delete
  8. I liked this creative tale very much! The concept of Joy being masculine intrigued me... why could it not be so? I love that if Joy is not retrieved, it is surely found by someone else. Very true!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point- according to me- is not about the 'gender' of joy. Its like you said 'finding' joy in everyday things and not complaining to the 'department of happiness.' haha :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...