Wednesday, 27 February 2013

VisDare: Alone

Nature lashed its fury against him. The clouds burst in a heavy downpour; the wind wailed and howled like a banshee; streaks of blue white lightning tore through the ubiquitous black sky. He was alone, metaphorically and literally- a solitary figure drenched in rain, bloodied with the accidental murder of the father he had never known. The heavenly precipitation mixed with his own tears as they slid down his cheeks and disappeared, mingling with the crashing droplets. Thunder boomed, interspersing the silence of death and decay.
In the distance, police sirens wailed. A dead body. A suspect with a motive. A solid case.
Ryan gathered himself, stood up ready to brace an onslaught of questions even as he struggled with his own.

******

Intrigued? Read more about Ryan here.
In mood of some poetry? Check out a poem I wrote on loneliness. A solitary soliloquy

4 comments:

  1. Loving seeing these additional glimpses into Ryan's mind - and his increasingly tangled predicament!! I'm actually starting a list so I can keep track of all these add-on tales that people have started. Are you on Twitter? Because I keep trying to tag you in my tweets about your stories and I can't seem to find you.... ::sad face::

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Angela. No. I'm sorry I'm not twitter. Blogging is enough to slog half of my daylight hours! :)

      Delete
  2. Cool excerpt!
    Stopping by to welcome you on board the A to Z Challenge April 2013
    Look forward to your challenge posts!

    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...