Monday, 1 April 2013

Alone


Yes. I have taken the plunge. A-Z challenge here I come. My theme is poetry, through the seamless borders of which I attempt to capture the plethora of human emotions coursing through our veins. A mixture of poems (mostly free verse) chosen from the forgotten depths of cyberspace as well as the latest penned.
Feedback is welcome.


Alone
Credit- Aussiegall
A silent cry in a silent night,
A soliloquy of solitary plight.
A bedlam of organized mess
Dead beats of hearts heartless.

A blurred vision, no sight.
A shroud of darkness, no light.
A throng of hollow footsteps.
A chatter of words meanigless.

A voice devoid of might.
A world sans wrong or right.
A crowd of faces emotionless.
A haunting of eternal loneliness.


Alone in an overpopulated planet...

A special thanks to Arlee Bird for creating this wonderful challenge and giving wings to our imagination. 

14 comments:

  1. I really like this Sania. It was beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    Have a great A to Z month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, and disturbing. I look forward to more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerful emotion. Bleak, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful imagery! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was beautiful. And, yes, alone IS indeed a overpopulated planet. Look forward to your month of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem. I was alone yesterday...just my cat...and I enjoyed it immensely as I so seldom get to be alone. Good luck with the challenge! I participated last year and had a blast!

    Donna L Martin
    www.donasdays.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the great feedback guys! Happy A-Zing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alone is a great A word. I love poetry and love your idea of doing poetry for each letter, especially since April is Poetry Month!
    www.gracegritsgarden.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw! I love poetry. Wouldn't it be fun if we could geek out on it and go around speaking in verse for a day? Hm. Maybe I should start a new holiday... TALK LIKE A POET DAY!

    Lovely poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah totally! Maybe a new flash fic contest where every entrant puts a verse for an entry and voila! We have a poem! :)

      Delete
  10. A world sans wrong or right - LOVE it!

    New follower here. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z Challenge" and I look forward to visiting again!

    Sylvia
    http://www.writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely poem and a great beginning to the challenge!Look forward to the rest of your challenge posts.

    Damyanti
    Co-host, A to Z Challenge 2013



    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...