Tuesday, 2 April 2013

Breathe

I'm doing poetry this month, in case you missed the first post.

breathe

Credit- Mae Cheverette

When your life is in chaos,

And your heart's confused,

Take a deep breath,
And forget all your issues...

When your mind's tensed,
And your running out of time,
Take a deep breath,
Relax for a while...

When you don't know where to start,
And you have a lot to do,
Take a deep breath
Bid you worries adieu...

When you feel like a failure,
And think you are useless,
Take a deep breath,
Failures are what make you perfect...

All those times, when you hate yourself,
When you curse yourself for who you are,
Take a deep breath,
Find solace in knowing, 
You can't always touch the stars...

When life throws you down, breathe and get back to work...

15 comments:

  1. This poem is talking straight at me. Beautiful sentiments. It would be good to touch the stars just the once though.

    Rosalind Adam is Writing in the Rain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here from the A to Z. This is beautiful, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks frances. I can't seem to find your blog link. Would love to return visit! :)

      Delete
  3. A month of poetry is a brave writing to take up, and what a topic to choose, so apt, on 2nd day of A-Z, one be frazzled, with so many to blog I want to read. So good just to breathe. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. We all need to breathe. :D

      Delete
  4. I have absolutely zero creativity when it comes to poetry. I leave that to my daughter. However, at 17 years old, most of her stuff is about the cold rain in her soul.

    Dropping in from A to Z. This is my first year.

    Brett Minor
    Transformed Nonconformist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a teenager too. But I 'usually' try to keep my poetry positive. ;p

      Delete
  5. I feel more relaxed now! Sometimes we get caught up on things that don't matter that much. Beautiful poem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply B-eautiful! Love it! Blessings!

    Shannon @I Survived & Now I Run

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reading this, it touched every part of my heart (: Thank you (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all have so much 'stuff' going on it's nice to be reminded occasionally to breathe. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful topic, beautiful picture and beautiful poem. Thank you for that reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone. Hope you all have a great A-Z month! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful. I look forward to more!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...