Thursday, 4 April 2013

Daddy

Daring to go...

That one person who's always there.
The one man who never fears.
That one personality you admire.
The one man who inspires.
Dad.

The one who wipes away the tears.
The one who really cares.
The one who picks you up when you fall.
The one who who'll always pick up your call.
Dad.

The one who is always in the background.
The one who works without a sound.
The one who is the first one to forgive.
The one who makes life worth it.
Dad.



I will brace a dozen tides,

If I have you by my side
I will cross the seven seas,
If daddy, you are with me.
This one's for you Abba.

Note: Still pondering over poetry with letters G, I and K. If you want to read a poem on a specific topic starting with these letters, drop a line in the comments below. Much appreciated.

16 comments:

  1. Nice post and every word bears the time tested truth..like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely ode to your Abba - and beautifully written thank you!
    G - gratitude for having an exceptional father?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed the poem. How about Kindness for the letter K?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your first love, the only man to stay by your side. That's a beautiful poem! Btw, K can be for something simple like kite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful - made me miss my Dad ever more...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dads and daughters; a special bond

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! Hope to see u again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a sweet poem!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Says a proud daughter of a wonderful dad.

    Marcie @ Marcie's Postbox

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sweet! I miss my daddy, but you know, he's a pretty solid part of me, like it or not: his road rage, his love for music, his desire to serve others... *sigh* There's nothing like a good dad, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful poem - and i absolutely love this pic.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks a ton! Gonna pop by all of ur blogs soon! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...