Thursday, 11 April 2013

Kismet

I'm doing poetry this month, in case you missed the first post.

Converging Footsteps: My Father and Stepmother


You're rich, you're poor,
You're dark, you're fair.
You fail, you succeed,
You follow, you lead.
You blame kismet
for your loss
and laud yourself
when you win the toss.
You pray when you're sad,
and forget when you're glad.
It's all kismet, you say,
to keep your faults at bay.
It is all kismet.
Yes believe.
But have the audacity
to perceive
that you have the power
to change your destiny.


Written after completely hitting a wall today. This is getting harder and harder. ;)

6 comments:

  1. I'm starting to hit the wall, too :P Yet that's a great poem! The description in the beginning reminded me of something, but I can't put my finger on it, I just know Islam came to mind. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I've been struggling too....stay with it, I'm hoping I make it to the end. I wrote about Kryptonite today....have no idea what I will do for L. I will leave it up to desting ~ Kismit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an awesome little poem. I love the pic you matched with it too. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...