Saturday, 13 April 2013

Life

I'm doing poetry this month, in case you missed the first post.

Metallic ballpen tips / biro Ballpen Ballpoint pen in silver with handwritten random blue text on quad-ruled paper



Dear troubled,
I'm not being hard on you,
It's a test you'll have to face
Like all the people on earth do.
I'll put joys and sorrows on your way
But in the end it's all up to you,
Whether you make or break your day.
Don't tell me to be soft on you
It's something completely out of my hand.
Don't worry it's all just a phase
For now all you have are sorrows
But happiness will soon be on it's way!
Why are you giving up so fast?
Is that all the courage you got?
Forgive, forget, move on
You are going to miss the time that is gone
You see trouble is my way of doing things,
It's just the way I work
Hardship is like a song I sing
So don't you get all worked up.
There will be days when you think you can't survive,
Days when you will wish to die,
On those days please be reassured,
At any instance happiness can knock your door.
And if you are still unable get me
Then just get this straight.
I am a gift with no guarantee
You never know when you will see the last of me
So enjoy the time you get,
Live without regret
Live without worries, be happy, be safe....
With love,
Life...

This was written way back in 2009. A letter for those who think life's been hard on them. Get up, dust yourself and start over...

7 comments:

  1. You are so talented! There is nothing extraordinary about the words you've used but there's something that I can't put my finger on that makes this poem extraordinary.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comment reinforces my belief that "good writing" is what speaks to the soul. Sure a great vocabulary is important but if the written word comes from the heart grammatical errors and big words take a back seat.
      Thanks for this comment. :)

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful and uplifting. Loved the letter-poetry form; it's innovative! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The poem is well written and the words convey a valuable lesson
    thanks for taking the time to post it for others to be encouraged

    Happy A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the reassuring words (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should print this out and read it whenever I'm feeling sorry for myself. :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...