Tuesday, 23 April 2013

Ubiquitous

I'm doing poetry this month in case you missed the first post.

The Galaxy of Stars





The glowing orb sinks
Leaving behind an opalescent sky
Robbed of our sight in a blink
As the night drowns in ubiquitous black.

A subtle quiet descends
Punctuated with an owl's hoot
Sentient of the wind and it's whispers
As sounds are swallowed by the ubiquitous quietude.

Doors are shut
Windows locked
Escape from reality.
As stars dance in ubiquitous solitude.

Star-gazing. It's magical...

6 comments:

  1. Stargazing is magical. I just went camping a few weeks ago and can't wait to go again next year. Thanks for the poem (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! The repetition is awesomesauce, and I love the punctuated silence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right, it is! I love the fact that I life in a high-altitude area with few lights. I get to see all the stars! :)

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite lines: A subtle quiet descends/Punctuated with an owl's hoot...lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love how you repeated the word in various lines. this is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sania .. I love the poem - you got the feel just right .. even though it's tea time .. I am thinking of the stars!

    Cheers Hilary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...