Thursday, 25 April 2013

Vengeance

I'm doing poetry this month, in case you missed the first post.

All about Flickr titles, text, tags, and views



Ah! Sweet vengeance,

Innocuously addictive.
Though it doesn't change the face,
poisons the heart and veins.

Ah! Sweet vengeance,
The sugary toxin.
Though it spreads through the crowd,
pollutes the doers' own haven.

Ah! Sweet vengeance,
The double edged sword.
Though it cuts the victim,
bleeds the culprit's heart.


Vengeance: the beginning of the end...

14 comments:

  1. Vengeance isn't good for ANYONE. Good poem.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice. I also did Vengeance for today! I especially like how although it serves the purpose of cutting the victim, the one responsible also bleeds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet vengeance is an oxymoron and you've illustrated this well.

    Lee
    Blogging from A to Z
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I love this poem! You've conveyed the evil of vengeance so perfectly!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Poem! :)
    #1204
    A to Z April Blogging Challenge
    http://mauldinfamily1.wordpress.com/?p=2646

    ReplyDelete
  6. you nailed it there! Great poem, prose, post thank you!


    Susan Scott's Soul Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said!! Few poems online have hit home with me. But yours has. I actually understand this...or rather, it resonates with me a universal truth. Vengeance is as you say, destructive and never good. New member here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good poem, I like it


    Cynthia (The Sock Zone)
    a to z challenge
    blueflute.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet vengence is indeed a double edged sword. You put it so nicely in just a few words. One of the best V posts I read.

    Silvia @ Silvia Writes

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...