Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Zombie

I'm doing poetry this month, in case you missed the first post.




It's a place where the cries of the agonised
Are drowned in the perfect harmony of artificial beauty.
It's a bedlam of emotions, selfish beyond doubt,
Devoid of love, except love for money,
Devoid of hope, except hope for success,
Devoid of philanthropy, except when it's for self-benefaction.
It's a place where relations are measured in numbers.
It's a mirage of perfection, where reality is smothered by the ever evolving art of pretension.
Because beneath the perfectly chiseled face of the human race,
Lies the grotesque contorted form of a zombie.


This last one goes out to the human race in a hope that we will change...

That is all folks! One month of poetry. Hope you had a joyful read. See you next April! :)

9 comments:

  1. This is really deep. I've enjoyed reading all your poetry, and I'll keep reading this blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You interpreted this really well. It's beautifully said, but sad most humans are like that. Thank you for this and this past month!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations in completing the A to Z Challenge.

    Yvonne
    A to Z AMBASSADOR.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so sure that this was about Wall Street up until the last few lines :P

    Your poems are amazing. I'm so glad to have met you during the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarily true in many ways. The last two lines were chilling.

    Wow, A-Z's over! I'm so glad I met you and I'm going to haunt your blog for the rest of my life :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! I seriously thought you were going with the literal zombie at first. (What can I say, I'm a horror fan.) I enjoyed this a lot more because of the angle. Very insightful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Crystal..... I think this is wonderfully done. love the ending.

    Jules
    A Dose of Jules

    ReplyDelete
  8. What I thought was going to be a silly post about zombies turned out to be so much more. Love this poem. And congrats on finishing the challenge!

    #atozchallenge, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It would be a great thing if the human race could start thinking about others but I don't suppose it's ever going to happen. Congrats on finishing the A to Z!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...