Friday, 3 May 2013

A-Z reflection post



Survivor. That is the perfect word to describe anyone who has seen this challenge through. You see, it's not about posting every day for an entire month, it's about posting alphabetically every day for an entire month. And top it off with having a theme. It was stressful, hectic and at times overwhelming but boy, was it a blast!


Here is a list of things that I loved about this challenge:
1) At the beginning of the month,I had about fifty-ish followers. Now I have ninety three!
2) I had on an average ten comments per blog post. Great for encouragement and honest feedback.
3) I met amazing people- Fida, Zainab, Ghadeer, Kristen, Julia and of course all the readers and commenters who encouraged me throughout! Hop over to their blogs and give them a follow!
4) I witnessed how poetry can be interpreted in different ways. Specially with my Z-post, my readers thought that I was going with the literal definition of zombie.
And lastly,
5) Two years of running a website and I finally learnt how to blog.

So thank you Arlee Bird and the entire A-Z team for birthing this challenge and pushing us on with your constant encouraging posts at the A-Z blog.
Now I bid your leave dear readers. Here are some of my personal favourite poems for you to enjoy or re-enjoy while I sit back and revel in the satisfaction of completing a truly epic challenge.

11 comments:

  1. A wonderful reflection post and congrats on the completion of the post.

    Yvonne
    A TO Z AMBASSADOR.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to go back and read more of your posts. I made so many new friends it was hard to keep up, but I love your poetry. Glad you have so many new followers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sania .. well done on a thoughtful post ... and I'm so pleased you garnered 43 extra followers .. that magic 100 will turn up fairly soon ..

    Great news for you .. and see you soon ... Hilary

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have obviously had a great A to Z . . . . . Well done....

    Rob Z Tobor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful that you were able to create a poem a day. I know how hard it is to sometimes chase down that muse! Congratulations!

    Mary Montague Sikes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sania, I nominated you for an award. Please visit www.dhdunne.blogspot.com to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for the mention! I actually started with zero, because I started my blog the first day of the challenge. So any followers made me happy, and I now have over 50! It was really a great way to find other blogs, and have an endless source of entertainment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on finishing the A-Z challenge. How awesome that you wrote a poem each day! Thanks for leaving a list of your fave poems. It was a great place to start.

    I was particularly pulled to Gems because I will be spending 2 1/2 weeks in India this Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Reflection post! Congratulations on finishing.
    This was my first year.... .but not my last!
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...