Sunday, 26 May 2013

And the nominees are...

Note: Flash fiction would resume shortly. ;p

I was in for quite a surprise a few days back when I got nominated for three different awards by two different people.
First of all, thank you Nancy for the Very Inspiring Blog Award and the Best Moment Award.
Also many many thanks to Crystal for the Liebster award.
So get ready folks for a very very long post today. :)


Very Inspiring Blogger Award Rules


1. Display logo in your blog to show you've been nominated!
2. Link back to your nominator.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award.
5. Notify your nominees.

I'm going to skip the random facts for lack of time. The nominees are the at the bottom of the post. :)



Best Moment Award rules:
Winners re-post this completely with their acceptance speech. This could be written or video recorded. Winners have the privilege of awarding the next awardees! The re-post should include a NEW set of people/blogs worthy of the award with notification sent to them of the great news. Display the award’s badge on your blog/website.
Resources:
What makes a good acceptance speech?
*Gratitude. Thank the people who helped you along the way.
*Humor. Keep us entertained and smiling.
*Inspiration. Make your story touch our lives.

Thank you Nancy for considering me worthy and awarding me this...er...award. (Gratitude, check). I also *insert something funny* (humor, check). I hope my poems and short stories continue to inspire all my readers. (Inspiration, check).


The Liebster Rules: 1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers.
2. Post 11 facts about youself.
3. Answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post.
5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they've been nominated.
7. No tag backs.



Here are Crystal's questions:
1. What is the best book you've ever read?
The Famous Five series by Enid Blyton got me hooked on novels when I was in third or fourth grade.

2. What is your sport of choice? To play or watch?
Badminton.

3. What's the coolest place you've ever visited?
Shimla- it's a hill station btw. ;p

4. Favorite song or artists?
Keeps on changing.

5. What's your biggest pet peeve?
Whenever I'm focused, I turn into one of the most absent minded people on the planet. You wouldn't want to bestow upon me a responsibility because most likely I'd nod without even listening. ;p

6. What is your brand of geek? (Or obsession?)
Physics. The harder the problem, the better it gets; even if I can't solve it.

7. What movie do you have memorized, word for word?
There are a couple of dialogs from Bollywood comedies that me and my siblings juggle back and forth back and forth until we burst out laughing.

8. If you could choose one myth to be true, which would it be: Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, or the Tooth Fairy?
As long as I'm in on the secret, I don't mind. :)

9. What food is your nemesis?
Too much cheese (sorry Crystal. ;p)

10. Which army would you choose to defend your home? Ninjas, or Cowboys?
Ninjas, no arguments.

11. What is your favorite or most embarrassing nick name?
It's...


The nominees for the awards are:
Anjana
Jaq
Zainab
Crystal
Kristen
Ghadeer

And now for the questions:
1. If you were to pick a pen name, what would it be?
2. What's your worst fear?
3. If you had one wish, what would it be?
4. Think fast. Forest or waterfall?
5. Can you explain the concept of concepts?
6. How good are you at keeping a secret? (don't worry, I ain't telling you any)
7. Who is your favourite author?
8. Black or white?
9. Do you believe in déjà vu?
10. What's your favourite number?
11. Are you tired of all these questions?

Now it's your turn. Fingers on your keyboard/touch screens and type! :D

9 comments:

  1. Wow thanks so much! This should keep me busy tonight :P *applauds acceptance speech*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for picking me! :)

    You're a Physics geek? Respect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait... I've been nominated for 2 awards?! I repeat what I said in my blog: you spoil me way too much :D

    Sorry if I sound like I'm parroting Ghadeer, but Physics geek? *salute* I like the subject, but I'd just give up if the problem was confounding.

    Hey, Enid Blyton was my gateway to reading as well! I adored Famous Five and Secret Seven when I was younger. I had to give away my collection because recently because I was running out of space.

    And the acceptance speech was hilarious, by the way :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you read that right. Two awards and your welcome.
      Yeah I have a certain fetish for Physics. If I can't solve it, I just look it up online. ;p

      I gave a sizeable portion of my collection to my sister. I never really caught the secret seven fever though. It's was Famous Five all the way!

      Delete
  4. LOL. Love the answers--especially your geek obsession. (Although on the cheese comment, I've got a block of muenster pounding its fists and shooting you death glares.) ;)

    What great questions to pass on! Thanks for the award retaliation and laughs. I'm a bit slow when it comes to accepting awards, since I tend to be scheduled out a couple weeks to months, but I'll let you know when I've posted my speech, and you better bet there will be cheese involved. ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wouldn't miss it for the world! You can take your time. :)

      Delete
  5. hey, i just noticed u nominated for this award...thanks! i'll do my best!
    btw....we share the same fetish for physics...evn when i can't solve it!
    thanks again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...