Wednesday, 29 May 2013

If only

This is free verse in all it's unedited glory-without a rhyme scheme and without beautiful big words. Now that I think of it, it sounds more like a Jabberwocky
Time
Credit

If only I could,
Rewind the clock
And pull back moments
From weathered pages
Of history.

Then maybe I could
Erase some incidences
Or create ones
With better consequences
Maybe I could
Cherish those days
Which flew by
Unnoticed.
Or go after those dreams
Which were scattered
By daylight.

And then maybe
I might just enjoy
The dusks and dawns
And starry skies
And leave as quietly
As I had entered
For by altering my past
I might inadvertently
Alter my future.


What would you do if you had the power to change your past? Would you? Or would you keep it as it is since it defines your present?

6 comments:

  1. If only. I would change so many stupid things I've done..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always wonder how things would be if I did something else, but then I'm happy with where I am. Btw, it's a beautiful poem. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment. Good to hear you're in your "happy place".

      Delete
  3. Oh! I loved this! What a wonderful train of thought!!

    Just dropping by from the A to Z Road trip. Hi!
    tm
    zoecottage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! And thank you-for dropping by as well as for the comment! :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...