Monday, 8 July 2013

Amidst Darkness

Flexing my poetry muslces (and my knowledge thereof) with this one. :) I started with a Sestina. But the best I could muster was the concluding tercet:
"Though it may seem a little trite,
still, thank you God,
for the gift that is life." 
Expanding was an arduous task. Keeping within the bounds of the poetry coupled with trying to get the poem to make sense was beyond me. So I decided I would start with something (which is according to me) far simpler. A Kyrielle Sonnet.
So, here goes:




All the Small Things



In moments of despair, an awakening,
A rendition of events that's startling
A glimpse of peace, in an all time low
Amidst darkness, an effervescent glow.

In ignorance, an oblivious bliss
In knowledge, the terror hard to miss.
A moment to forget what you know.
Amidst darkness, an effervescent glow.

In chaos, a moment of control,
Like in hurricanes, the eye, the hole.
A pit stop, not the end of the show
Amidst darkness, an effervescent glow.

In moments of despair, an awakening.
Amidst darkness, an effervescent glow.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job! I've learned a lot about poetry since I really dove face first into writing, ad my admiration for poets grows everyday. I loved this! Really vivid.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...