Tuesday, 15 April 2014

Day 13: Maryam

This year's theme is story divided among 26 posts. Fear not though, these can also be read as stand alone pieces of flash/poetry.



I sneak a peak into her journal. Just to see how different it is from mine. I'm shocked. Its pages are devoid of words. Instead they are full of pictures. All our escapades sketched in black. Not even a word written. Just sketches. And those too, drawn in exact detail. The little girl with the ponytail. The chocolate wrapper I threw on the street. Right down to the clothes we were wearing. An exact replica. I flip the pages slowly, the memory of each day burning into my mind. The pages turn faster as I near the end until all I can see through my teary eyes is black blotches. The tears snake down my cheeks. I close the diary and weep.

16.04.2014
Its not that hard after all,
to say goodbye.
M
 Intrigued? To read the rest of the story click on M's tab above. Drop a comment and tell me what you think. Leave a link to your blog and I'll visit you soon!

6 comments:

  1. This is heart breaking, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool concept. It kind of illustrates how our creativity comes out in different ways; written words or sketches. I live in an artist household but my husband and I approach art differently.

    Hope you're enjoying the A to Z Challenge! My theme is Memorable Characters. Glad to have met you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very moving story.
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
  4. To find a journal with writing is something, but with drawings? That takes time and dedication. What they did together must've meant a lot to her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! I used to partially illustrate my journal, back when I had time for that kind of thing. I still adorn it with emotive smileys, but not so much images of the sky, flowers, cars, and whatever symbolic thing grounded my day.

    True Heroes from A to Z

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! I am definitely intrigued as to how it will end...!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...