Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Day 1:About M


It has officially started. The great A-Z blogging challenge. I'm writing a story this year. To read what it is about hop over to this post. 


Photo by Sania Heba, 
(Please do not use)


 01.04.2014
This shall not be a diary. Some crazed girl's list of crushes and secrets. The pages of this notebook are sacred, not to be insulted by chronicling the mundane routine of a mediocre college student. Or so the professor says. Well his words per se were something akin to 'take this assignment seriously' but I have taught myself to read between the lines.
The first task of the said assignment is working on introductions. My partner, Maryam, is already unleashing her inner writer. Furiously scribbling down the best introduction ever, apparently. I know the probability of these assignments getting checked is somewhere around minus five so I'll just save my already-overused brain from the tiring task of thinking up adjectives and synonyms to describe myself. I always end up picking the cliches: reader, writer, thinker, socially-inept cheese eater. Speaking about me is difficult, so let's talk about the assignment. Because seven hours of gruelling classes were not gruelling enough, the professors have devised yet another mode of torture. In the name of bringing us out of our 'shells' (by which I assume they mean smart phones) we are to do actual field work. Go to places and work on a specific social problem. The findings would be reported in this...err...diary/journal/spiral notebook with a grey cover. Of course mine would be filled with all sorts of random stuff which will never see the light of the day. That said I should get going. The class is almost over.


New beginnings

Don't pause until the end is in sight

Intrigued? Come back again tomorrow for more! Also drop a comment and tell me what you think. Leave a link to your blog in the comments as well and I'll hop over soon.
P.S. Visit M's tab on top to read a prequel! 

34 comments:

  1. Hmm....still not sure what this is about. Curious.
    http://shells-tales-sails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Umm i hope its vague in a an increases-your-curiosity kind of way. Anyway thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  2. Can't wait to read more..!
    Looking forward to M's life..!
    Beautiful and creative idea Sania!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a good start:)
    doreenmcgettigan.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I am intrigued! I wonder what she'll be doing that we get to read about. I love stories that share journal entries (: thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fida! This is going to be a sort of mash up between poetry, journal entries, news pieces, flash... I just hope to make it through!

      Delete
  5. Stopping by from A to Z. Have fun during this blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely will! Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  6. *gasp* "socially-inept cheese eater" You totally patterned this character after me, didn't you? (Or at least the cheese part.) ;) Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *shifty eyes* umm..uhh...just maybe (at least the cheese part)

      Delete
    2. Hahaha as soon as I saw cheese eater I knew a certain someone would be loving it :P

      Delete
  7. So interesting...do you have a direction for your story or are you just going with the flow of the moment? :) Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how it will end, and i have a couple of posts planned along the way, but yeah its more of just-get-something-written for now haha.
      Thanks for dropping by!

      Delete
  8. It is intriguing and I have no clue to wht your story is about! Great start!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aditi. Hope you stay back for more!

      Delete
  9. I am intrigued and love the idea of using the A-Z prompt to journal fictionally. Cool!

    Laurel
    Laurel's Leaves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel.
      Hope to see ya again!

      Delete
  10. Found my way over here from the A to Z Challenge. Good first post. Definitely attracts my attention and makes me want to read more. I will be coming back for more of the story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. An attention-grabbing start indeed.. Looking forward to read what M has to say everyday about my country.. Cheers

    GS at Moontime Tunes

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm definitely curious to see what this is all about. Keep going!
    acidandcoke.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great introduction to your story. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an interesting idea! Love journal type stories. Really great introduction, I look forward to more :)

    www.kimgraff.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Had a good laugh at the 'reader, writer, thinker, socially inept cheese-eater' line. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like it. Can't wait for the next installment.

    Jessica
    Visions of Other Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like this introduction. It's snappy and to the point and got me hooked. Nice work. :)

    Alex Hurst, fantasy author in Japan. "B is for Books" is my current post.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm intrigued and will be back for more! Keep it up....

    D.B. McNicol
    A to Z: Romance & Mystery...writing my life

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Way too good start Sania :) Am following :) Keep coming along :) Shyam @ Scribbles of An Enigma

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...