Monday, 7 April 2014

Day 6: Fate


  This year's theme is a story divided amongst 26 posts. Fear not though, the pieces can also be read as stand along flash/poetry.

 

"It could have been us, if we were born to a different set of parents.” Maryam breaks the silence suddenly. We sat in the college library, she reading “The End of Poverty” and I doodling aimlessly.
“Maryam, I can't believe you are still thinking about the accident! You do realise that the person who did that would never get caught! There is no proof.” I say. Her lips twitch and I can see the smile that she suppresses, very clearly in her eyes.
“Maybe someone will.” She whispers.
“What-” but the bell rings and she hurries off to our class.
7.04.2014
What are you hiding Maryam?
~M

Intrigued? You can read the story till now by clicking M's tab above. Drop a comment and tell me what you think. Leave a link to your blog and I'll visit you soon.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Would love to see you tomorrow! :D

      Delete
  2. Maryam is becoming more of a mystery...
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm trying to fit in as much mystery in as few words as possible.

      Delete
  3. I love Maryam's character....! <3<3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing!

    Best regards,
    Elizabeth

    PS: Visiting from the A to Z sign up list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh! What's coming next, I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope the person who ran those poor kids over gets caught!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good. Can't wait to see what she says next.

    Brandon Ax: Writer's Storm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post. I'm intrigued. Will be checking back in. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...