Thursday, 10 April 2014

Day 9: Innocence

This year's theme is a story divided among 26 posts. Fear not though, these can be read as stand alone pieces of flash/poetry.

10.4.2014
Maryam isn't backing down. She says she fights for the lost innocence, for the plight of those who won't speak. She doesn't say this to me of course. Still not talking. She wouldn't see reason. But I still wrote her this. 

Innocence
The eyes that were once,
brighter than a thousand suns
lie overcast today
witnesses of apathy
of life's slow decay
The lips that were once,
Forever twisted in an intoxicating grin,
lie sober today
Mute voices of hatred 
Of being cast-aways 

Minds polluted
Their cherubic souls tainted 
Robbed of their innocence
A precious few rise from the rubble, dauntless,
The unfortunate others 
suffer in silence...

I'll try and talk to her again. 
~M

Intrigued? To read the rest of the story visit M's tab above. Drop a comment and tell me what you think. Leave a link to your blog and I'll visit you soon. :)

6 comments:

  1. That poem touched me, I love it. It kind of reminds me of me. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That talk needs to happen. Beautiful poem.
    Sophie
    Sophie's Thoughts & Fumbles - A to Z Ghosts
    Fantasy Boys XXX - A to Z Drabblerotic

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous. You are a wonderful poet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intrigued? YES, I AM! That was just beautiful. Every line was amazing, but I really loved this one: "of life's slow decay". :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, could be posed as lyricism.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a fabulous writer as well as a poet!! I'm catching up on this story! The execution of it all is superb!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...