Monday, 16 November 2015

Sing Me A Lullaby: #Pray4World

I can't even begin to describe the torment and anger and grief I felt on hearing about Paris. But more than anything else, it left me scared. Scared that we have come so far but not far enough.

I can't imagine what the people affected are going through. My prayers are with you.


Sing me a lullaby, mother,
loud enough to drown out these screams,
these petrifying vocalizations of hate,
of anger, of despair.
These voices, mother,
frightening, scary voices
in my head and outside
Please make them stop.

Sing me a lullaby, mother,
softly, like you do.
Because it feels like your whispers
are the only pleasant sounds left
in this poison
this vicious, toxic poison.
and I’m afraid.
I’m afraid.

Kiss me goodnight, mother,
and cover me with a sheet,
for this world is cold and harsh,
and the fabric of humanity
is ripping at the seams. 

4 comments:

  1. This is touching and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fida! Glad to hear from you!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...